Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Connie

This photo is of me and my first bantam Connie and one of her little broods she hatched out. Photo was taken back before I bought my digital camera, so I had to scan the photo to publish here.

Until I had Connie I thought all bantams were real horrors when they turned broody. But not Connie and for that matter neither is Bonnie my silkie bantam I have now. Both are or were lovely natured and just such good mums.

I lost Connie to a fox back 2 years ago now. It suprises people when they see foxes in the suburbs, they seem to think they are out in the paddock and farming areas.

Anyway, this is a special moment and I wanted to share it with you as there is nothing as rewarding than little chicks with their mum roaming around in the garden. And its more special when you can lay on the lawn and have them all come up to you and sit with you.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweet photo! I am hoping to start my own little farmyard (chooks and maybe a sheep) and vegie garden in the next six months and have bookmarked your site for future reference, so thatnks in advance for the helpful tips you have provided.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Michelle for those kind words. I hope you do get your little farm yard up and running as it's very reward.

Please let me know how you get on as the farm yard take shape:)