Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Coco, Bear & Me

Isn't she gorgeous? This is Coco my nephew's 8 week old Border Collie, he flew to Queensland and collected yesterday.

Jason had an appointment mid morning and Pat & I were asked to baby sit Coco and Bear while he was out.

Coco was tired after all her travelling the day before, but she still followed me round the house or out into the backyard for some gentle games with a tennis ball. It wasn't until we were almost ready to come home that she and Bear started to really play with a toy between them. The 3 of us just sat back and watched them bond together.



Look at Bear's face isn't she so intelligent?

Due to Pat being allergic to dogs, I didn't have to worry about sharing Coco with him. I was able to have all the cuddles to myself.

Though Bear did get her tennis ball kicked around the yard by Pat's foot for most of the 4 hours we were there. I love how Bear seems to radiate what she is thinking. She's so full of beans and such a great dog to play ball games with and she's such a well behaved dog.

There is something about being out the back kicking a ball along the ground and having a dog join in. I couldn't say how many times both of us kicked Bear's ball for her and she kept bringing it back. In the end I wouldn't pick the ball up as it was all covered in dog slobber.

A couple of times Bear reminded me of the Tom Hanks movie "Turner & Hooch" with all her slobber.


Pat took this photo for me. Coco was shivering while sitting by my feet. Coming from sunny Queensland to a cold climate is a bit much for a baby girl.

Won't be long and she'll be too big to cuddle and hold in my arms.

So that is what I got up to on this cool winters day.

Now I have to go out and make some room for 2, five month old rabbits I am baby sitting for about a week while my ex-lawn mower man and his family go on holidays.

No comments: