Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No Baby Bunnies

Thought I would update you all on the baby bunny situation here.

Cadbury's turned out to be a phantom pregnancy. I am pleased with this as I wanted her to have a rest before another set of babies to feed and care for. So today her hutch was given a extra good clean out and Nibbles will have an evening with her.

Nothing from Flossy either. This is the second time she has not delivered any babies. So while DJ & Chuckles are visiting I though I would see if a different male will be any better. DJ's colour with Flossy's black & white colouring would make for some pretty coloured rabbits.

Yes I have checked both DJ & Chuckles out and they are both boys.

I am wondering if Flossy is getting too old for having babies. Do little doe rabbits have a cut off age for being able to carry a pregnancy to full term??? So while a different male is available I thought this would be a good way to find out.

I will ask DJ's owner first though if its okay.

No comments: