Saturday, November 04, 2006

7 Little Chicks

How special is this? 7 beautiful little Sussex bantam chicks. Bonnie is still sitting on the other 5 eggs and I am hoping tomorrow there may be another 1 or 2 chicks. Though I am so pleased with the 7 that have hatched.

To listen to the "Cheep-Cheep" of the chicks is just so heart warming and makes me smile even just thinking about them.

I guess I'll be spending a lot of time in the nursery as they are just too cute for their own good.

Later on tonight I'll pop some more photos up on the nursery page on my main website.

2 comments:

melissa said...

oh thats lovely lucky .I know how much you like the sussex ..i've often wished i could send you my extras .
by about a weeks time you should be able to start to get an idea of the female : male ratio .
generally the pullets grow wing and shoulder feathers first ..the cockerals lag behind for a few weeks then catch up ..then you can't tell them apart for a while . goggle feather sexing ...ah make tha poultry feather sexing .

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Melissa:0} Yes I am just so thrilled to have the breed back in my yard. I didn't know about the sexing of them so quickly and I will have a look in a weeks time.
Just so thrilled that 7 hatched:)