Monday, February 19, 2007

Rain Clouds After A Hot Spell

After a few days of near 40 or 40 plus degrees a much welcome cooler temp greeted me when I went out to feed the animals late afternoon.


I was also treated to a quick heavy shower of rain. Enough to take shelter under the veranda. This only lasted a few minutes and then the rain was all done for the rest of the day.

But we were treated to a wonderful showing of rain clouds that just kept on rolling past our place.


There were 2 rainbows next to each other, but the one on the left was too light to show up in the photo. Been a while since I have seen a rainbow and what a stunning showing it was too.

Shame the camera didn't show up both rainbows and the impact of colour from the darker/brighter rainbow.



All these photos of the clouds were taken at the same time of the day. Within about 5 minutes from start to finish.

It's amazing how just turning and facing a different direction can give a different tone in the photos. Mind you the photo with the street light is in, the clouds were much darker. I am wondering where the rain fell as I could see rain falling from the clouds.








I love the smell of rain in the air, something about the promise of a cleansing of the garden and life around me.

Rain clouds sunset can produce stunning photos.

Technorati technorati tags: ,

No comments: