Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tomato Update


This photo shows you how a stem from the plant now sending roots down towards the soil. This will increase plant growth and maybe more fruits. I have noticed new shoots sprouting on some of the lower trunks of the plants.

This season's tomatoes are really testing the growers in my area. I have been chatting with other gardeners and they too are finding their plants aren't doing well this year and the fruits are taking their time ripening.

Transplanted in early October they are now 4.5 months old and with all the green fruit on them, the plants are starting to die off.

I have check the plants for tomato wilt and this is not showing up. So I have decided that its the season and nothing I am doing wrong as I am doing the same thing I have been doing for the last 8 years.

With the leaves not protecting the fruits, some have been sun burnt. These green tomatoes were made into green tomato pickles.

Tomato Page I have a record of how my tomatoes have been growing on my main website. This also includes updated photos of what the bushes look like as of today.

No comments: