Monday, March 19, 2007

Green Manure

As I am not going to grow any vegetables down behind the apricot tree, I thought instead of leaving this area bare to either suffer from the cold weather or winter weeds, why not grow a green manure crop. This area is in need of a rest and a good feed, so tomorrow I will pick up the seeds I want for the crop.

With the moon's cycle in the crescent phase, it's ideal on the 24th and 25th of this month to sow the crop.

I did some web searching and found this wonderful PDF file on what seeds are good for green manure crops. Also information that can help battle pests in your garden soil.



As you can see from the photo the soil is not the best. All the root crops have been harvested from the area. Cadbury has had a grand time digging holes in the area.

I have taken in to account the lemon tree and the area round the tree will not be disturbed.

I can't wait to see a lush green patch of grass in this area.

Technorati technorati tags: ,

No comments: