Thursday, March 08, 2007

Moon Planting

This evening I have started to research and print off information from the internet to help me understand the moon planting phases.

The amount of books being advertised on the internet is amazing. I have printed off the March month from the website Ausgarden giving me an idea of where to start.

Like all things I will have to crawl before I am walk and here is hoping by the end of this year I'll be running with my eyes shut.

What I am hoping to do tomorrow is get a system up and running and have a plan that can be started with in a fortnight. By writing this I mean there will be no walking or bike riding down to my local Bunnings or Mitre 10 and throwing what takes my fancy into a basket and coming home and bunging it in the ground and watering it.

Planning will be needed and dare I say it....... a HUGE white board to write all my notes on.....chuckle. Love white boards they are great when having a CRAFT moment.

  • Can't
  • Remember
  • A
  • Flaming
  • Thing
But guess I'll have to do with the 58 cm X 39 cm white board that hangs near my computer table.

The biggest hurdle will be getting organized and into a rhythm or routine and staying with it but at the same time, not making the whole project a whip. By saying this I mean, a change towards a different gardening practice should be enjoyed and looked forward too. Not to be seen as a chore or an unhappy time out in the garden.

Starting this form of gardening by going into the cooler months will also be a nicer time of the year. The thought of learning moon planting in the middle of a heat wave doesn't thrill me a bit.

So this is where I am with my new project. I hope you enjoy my journey as much as what I am going to.

Technorati technorati tags:

No comments: