Friday, March 30, 2007

Quiet day Today.

After being so busy in the garden preparing areas for crops and then either sowing seeds or transplanting out seedlings, it was nice to have a day off from the garden.

Pat and I went into the city to do a few things and do some window shopping.



While looking through the shops we called into Dymocks book store and I bought Jackie French's Soil Food. Very excited about this as I haven't got a book that solely talks about soil and how to feed and care for it. I have a few of Jackie French's books in my book collection for gardens. So I am looking forward to some quiet time read up on how I can improve my garden soil, even more than what it is now.




Birds are giving the green manure area a run for it's money. This area was lovely and level and those holes are from their scratching when hunting for seeds.

There is still a fair bit of green manure germinating and so I am hoping it'll be enough to improve the soil for a spring planting.

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Scarecrow said...

That Jackie French Book is one of my favourites. Just about have it on permanent loan from our library!!
Birds are being very pesky aren't they!

Lucky-1 said...

Birds are a pain in the bum. Hoping though there will be enough left over for a good crop.

Looking forward to reading the book. Rather read a good gardening gook or magazine now a days.:)