Sunday, March 18, 2007

Slippery Slug

Saturday night is my night for using the sprinklers on the lawn. While out moving the sprinkler in the dark with a torch (roll on the new watering times next weekend) I came across this big fat juicy slug.

Seeing as everyone in the poultry yard was in bed, I put a small pot over the top of it. Figured it'd make a nice juicy Sunday breakfast for one of the hens. But when I went to get the pot and slug this morning, the pot was laying on it's side and the slug gone.

Damn not sure who is more annoyed the chook or me. Bet the slug is happy though:)


After the disappointment of the loss, Pat set up the garden table and chairs on the lawn and we relaxed out the back with rabbits running round our feet and to the sounds of clucking and quacking noises.

I entered a competition from the Gardening Australia Organic magazine. Had a read of this great mag while sipping on tea.

Took piles of photos of the Sussex bantams, rabbits and silkies then I updated my main website and added a new page.

Rabbits

Light Sussex Bantams

I still have to do some photos of my silkies Bonnie & Clyde. This I'll try and get done tomorrow.

This week is going to be a busy week for me as I am going to sell 4 ducks and 1 Sussex bantam rooster on Wednesday out at the Gawler poultry sales. Looking forward to this as I have never been there and all that poultry up for sale. Remember do not buy more poultry.

Also I will be buying seeds and plants for the up coming moon planting.

So a busy week for me, I'll keep you posted as the week goes by.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

5 comments:

Snail said...

Lucky, it's probably Limacus flavus, which is introduced. I've got a post about that species on my blog. There are pics too.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Snail for the link. I went and had a read and found it very interesting.

Snail said...

My pleasure, Lucky. It's the one area where I can actually be useful!

Scarecrow said...

Wow Lucky have fun at the poultry sale.
Maybe next time you should put that slug in a jar till morning :)

Lucky-1 said...

LOL @ Scarecrow. Yes I'll have to be more clever next time;)with the slippery slug.

Going to take my camera as well out to the markets, as I think it will be a great way for people to see what it's like there. As I am going in blind on Wednesday.

I'll do a report Wednesday night:D