Thursday, April 12, 2007

Plant Update

With all this weather in the low 30's plants are responding to the sun and warm rays. This makes for me, no gardening through the day, as its not good for the plants and more so not good for me, to be out in the heat.

So today I thought I'd show you how much the plants have grown since I last posted them, here for you to look at.


Lemon Balm is ready for planting out the front garden in what is now known as "My Friendship Garden" as there is so many plants from good friends from around Australia.



Comfrey has grown back at a fast speed, even quicker than what I thought possible. Last time I looked the leaves were still small and not open, now look at the plant. When I harvest leaves for my compost, I savage it as it just bounces back so easy.



I have no idea what this plant is called, but I love the colour and the fact if self seeds. This came from our gardening friend out at Gawler. This plant will go out the front in my Friendship Garden.



What can I say about this green manure?? How about, the birds enjoyed the free feed and the soil missed out. Yep that'll about cover it.

So now I need to sow more seeds and cover them with some wire this time to keep the pesky wild birds away until the seeds germinate and grow some.

Hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

bnaujok said...

Hi Lucky,

I covered my green manure crop with some birdnetting held above the ground with bricks (which also keeps it tight). Worked a treat and by the time the crop grew to that netting height (~5cm), I took the netting off and the birds haven't touched them.

Lucky-1 said...

Yes Pat and I have been talking about getting some netting. Going to also buy some poly pipe to make tunnels, that I can move round.

I hope to have it all sorted out over the next couple of months.