Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sick. But Not Of The rain.

Have you been wondering why I haven't been posting my daily blog of what is happening around the garden?? I have a cold that has gone down into my chest and I am just so tired and have no energy.

Have I been to the doctor you ask?

No, because each time I go they say its a virus and send me home with the advice to take painkillers every 4 hours. So I haven't worried about going.

What I have done is rest and listen to the beautiful sounds of rain on our roof. Watched TV and videos and a few DVDs with the cats keeping me company.

To keep myself from sleeping through the day I have knitted the neck and sewn up my daughter's white cable jumper I finished last winter. Makes for one happy daughter as she loves the jumper.

If you would like to see some of the jumpers I have knitted in the past years click here. Amy's jumper is like my rose coloured jumper. The other jumpers are some I have knitted for Pat.


Now about the rain we have had out the back and going from the news reports, it's fairly wide spread.

Over the last 3 days we have measured the following..

  • Thursday........ 29.25 mm
  • Friday.............. 26 mm
  • Saturday.......... 13.5 mm
How wonderful to hear the rain on the roof and to know the rainwater tank is full and over flowing. Garden is water soaked and plants responding to the nitrogen rich rain. Lawn is greening up and the ducks are happy.

I hope you too have had good rainfalls. Until I post again.......

Hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

orchid40 said...

Hi Lucky, so sorry you`re sick. Hope you`re feeling a bit better by now.
Your garden`s looking great and the rain has been wonderful. We`ve had some here too at last.
I`ve been busy with roses this last few days.
Hooroo
Val

m said...

hope you get better soon .I have had a cold 'lurgy' the last two weeks ..head ache ..fatigue.. upper respitory /chest infection ....nasty
I upped my intake of garlic orange juice and veges .slowly getting better .its miserable here today 38 mls of rain and counting !!!