Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Five Hundred Square Miles Of Garden

Today has been such a busy day, no time in the garden at all. So instead I am going to send you on a journey to a garden that is 500 square miles in size.

This garden is of such beauty and so natural in colour with plants varieties of so many kind.

Last weekend was a 3 day weekend and my older brother and sister took a trip down memory lane to the sheep station we 5 kids grew up on with our parents in the 60's and then myself, younger sister and 1 of my older brothers plus mum & dad went back there in the mid 70's into the 80's.

I did year 7 and all my high school there... so these links have special meaning for me as well as our family.

So enjoy these 2 links and see what the outback has to offer garden wise.......



Mick & Sally's Just Cruisin With Mick & Sally


Sue's SnapShots



In 1987 I lived there again in the house my parents lived in when I was born, this time with my husband, 2 year old daughter and new born son.

Mick refers to "The Little Hill" and I have lost count how many times as a kid we'd climb the hill. As a teenager my younger sister & I would climb this hill heaps of times and always when mum & dad were killing a couple of chooks for our tea on the weekends.

Until next time ....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

Susan Borgas said...

It was a wonderful trip down memory lane. The good part about it was the countryside did look so good after recent rain in that area. Watch out for more images as they are posted over the next few days. :D

Lucky-1 said...

I have so enjoyed reading and looking at your photos and posts on the trip along with Mick's blog.

Wonderful trip I am taking with you. I even have a photo of the homestead on my desk top:)