Monday, June 11, 2007

Weedy Friendship Garden

Over night we had 4 mm of rain and so I donned a glove and out the front I went to tackle those dreaded weeds than are over running my Friendship Garden.



I don't mind weeds as they are another food source for my ducks and chooks. So I collected 5 buckets for their morning feed. With the 4 mm of rain overnight, pulling the weeds out was easier than what it has been in the past.



I noticed the mulch I have put out in the front yard has broken down beautifully and over the spring months I'll add more to the garden again.

Spring bulbs I ordered last year in August and planted out earlier this year are starting to shoot now. The plants I had transplanted out in the Friendship Garden, given to me by fellow gardening friends have all taken and none were lost.

I have noticed that a couple of my roses need a good pruning over the next few days. One rose has gone as far as to die on 1 side of the bush. These roses were in the garden when we bought the house 8 years ago and we moved the adult bushes 3 winters ago to the other side of the footpath leading up to the house.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: