Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Cracking Up

Nothing like a leisured breakfast with homemade bread, bacon & backyard eggs. This morning was one of those days for a cooked breakfast.

But one of the eggs was a bit on the strange side. Clyde one of my 2 silkies is broody and the little bugger must have been sitting on this bantam egg longer than overnight. Not sure how many days this egg had been forming, but it went into the scrap bucket and not onto my breakfast plate.



One of my Isa Brown hens is relaying now after a course of antibiotics and was rewarded with a double yoke. Can't remember the last time we had a double yolk from the girls, but it would easy be a year or so.

Sorry about the quality of the photo, hard to see if the photo is clear or blurry and also cook at the same time.


After chatting about food, I'm off to heat up some homemade soup I made yesterday. I have posted the soup recipe over on my "Garden To Plate" blog.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: ,

No comments: