Thursday, July 26, 2007

Daffodil Update

Yesterday Pat pointed out to me how the new daffodils stems had grown taller as the flowers were opening. I am so pleased to be able to show you how the bulbs are looking as on this morning.




It was suggested by a fellow gardener that they may have a smaller stem, due to the drought. Be interesting to see how they go next year. You can see here the size of the stem when the flowers started to open up.


Pat is pleased with this daffodil, it's his favourite flower. Last year he was too sick to go to the Adelaide Show and so I was left to pick out the varieties myself.



I sent some of these bulbs to Sweetpea and my sister Debbie and I do hope they flower for them this year.


Violets are putting on a good showing and adds winter colour to the Friendship Garden.

Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , ,

4 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

I to love daffodils, such a cheerful spring flower for us!

Lucky-1 said...

Yes, I think once the daffodils start to flower.... spring is just around the corner.

Lucy C said...

My jonquils are up too.
But I think the dogs have been playing in the bed. They are all flattened.

Lucky-1 said...

HI Lucy:)

I don't have to worry about dogs as we don't own one. But I do worry about people picking them. Thankfully this hasn't happened here....yet.