Thursday, August 09, 2007

First Pick For The Season.

After 2 hectic days walking in the wind and getting the root crops in, I took today off. I did nothing except paint my nails mrgreen oh yeah and did lunch.

Watched TV and listened to the radio and had a nanna nap. lol

A treat for us for tea tonight is a piece of roast port with home made apple sauce. But the real treat is in the photo.



The start of the asparagus season has started and these 2 little babies are mine tonight with other fresh vegies from the garden like, carrots and broccoli. A couple of minutes in boil water and they are done. Sweet, fresh and crisp.

Also today I think Klinger has learnt where to lay her eggs. Finally in the egg laying drum in the duck shed. I left yesterday's duck eggs in the spare worm tray to help her understand that, between the fence and chook shed is not a good place. So I am hoping after today's effort a light has clicked on in her head.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Ali said...

Glad you enjoyed your "rest" day :)Hope the asparagus was delicious ~ I've never eaten it fresh!

Lucky-1 said...

Oh Ali, if you ever get the chance to try asparagus from someone's garden, go for it:D

Tin asparagus is :( soggy and yuck.

Yes my day was wonderful:D