Sunday, August 26, 2007

That Them Cows.

Amy has gone to Roxby Downs and has taken my digital camera with her, so I have a photo of a different kind to show today.



This is Mary a Hereford/Santa cross with her week old babies Lyn & Lyndall. My sister Debbie emailed this photo to me this morning and Mary is one of her cows.

Look at all that space behind the cows. mrgreen When ever I get photos from Deb I really do miss the outback and what it has to offer. If you know what your looking at and looking for, there are so many different kinds of plants and animals to be found while out walking.

Deb is bringing me down more sheep manure next trip to Adelaide. That will be handy for the summer crops as not only will it feed the soil, but help to retain water over the hot months.

I often say to Pat is we ever got some land somewhere and we had room, I'd have a cow..... for milking. When we visit Deb & Paul's place, I love to help feed the baby orphaned calves that Deb hand rares.

Have you checked out My Knitting Box yet?? I have posted photos of my 12 ply jumper I finished yesterday.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Kez said...

My aunty breeds Santas - beautiful looking animals. Very big though :)

Lucky-1 said...

Oh I am a chicken, I only go near the cute little calves:)