Thursday, September 27, 2007

Animals And Your Health.

We often hear and read how animals can keep us healthy and live longer. After the hot windy day we had on Tuesday I picked a bunch of endive and went and visited the ducks & chooks.

I love spending time down in the duck run be it playing in the garden or just visiting the animals. Ducks and chooks have such wonderful natures and traits about them.





Nothing is nicer after being stuck inside, than going down and bonding with my little feathery gang. The ducks/chooks see Pat & I differently and they interact with both of us on different levels.


I have to chuckle as some of the smaller ducks are still a bit shy and want to eat from my hand, but just don't take that final step. I was thrilled as Twinner actually grabbed a couple of leaves from my hand.



Clancy, Paddles and Rhett are old hats at eating from my hands. Paddles was even nibbling at my fingers as I hung onto the endive.

The next day I recorded 10 mm of rain and not only have the ducks enjoyed the rain, the chooks have with relish been digging and scratching round in the duck run. Nothing like scratching round in damp soil and finding bugs to snack on. mrgreen

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet said...

One of the fun things in life feeding ducks and chooks. It takes a while to earn their trust but once you've got it, they come bold as brass at feeding time. ;-)

BTW I grow veggies and fruit organically too.

Lucky-1 said...

Feeding time here is like running with the bulls, just no horns to get in the way...lol

I even have them standing on my feet :D

I have checked your website out and very glad I did:D