Saturday, September 08, 2007

Babies In The Garden.



Our apricot tree is starting to get a lot of blossoms open and showing their beauty. I always wish for no winds once the blossoms start to thicken up...... more fruit late December, early into the new year.

With this warm weather I do hope the winds stay away and our tree can enjoy the blossom showing.



Can you see the lettuce, just left of the black blob of soil?

The only seed of a red leaf variety that germinated and a lot is riding on this little seedling. I am going to have a shot at saving seeds from this plant. That way I will have more of this lovely loose red leaf variety.

I won't let any other varieties go to seed, so I get a pure strain.

My cold is gone at last and I am hoping for some quality time out the back tomorrow.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

Ali said...

the apricot blossom looks beautiful :)

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Ali, I am really pleased how well the photo of the blossom showed up:)

m said...

WOW ..a lot is riding on that one lone lettuce .."May it run straight to seed " for you .My apricat has finished flowering ...This means that the last week has been windy .!!
All the other stone fruits are flowering as well... just a little early !!!!

Lucky-1 said...

Yes that poor little lettuce seedling...lol.