Saturday, October 06, 2007

Banjo Update

Banjo slept upstairs with the chooks last night. When I went to lock everyone in for the night, she had already climbed the ramp and settled into one of the nest boxes.

This made me just even more positive that she was going to be okay, after being so wobbly on her feet when she arrived home. I think her whole adventure was very stressful, not knowing where she was and where her family had gone. Then coming home, would have been a relief and so over whelming for her. I'd say her name and she try and wag her tail with out stumbling on her legs.

When I went out this morning, Banjo was already down on the fresh straw with the chooks.



You can see where she has an injury above her bill, it's a clean scab. I am guessing while out flying about she may have perhaps flown into something, when she was landing. This is the only injury we can find on her.

The vet was happy with her condition and said she was a friendly duck. So they knew she was someone's pet. Those posters we placed around the area is how Banjo made her way home to us.



The main problem I have is Banjo is not 100% from her adventure and when she arrived home and was let out, she was very weak on her legs. So the last thing she (and me for that matter) was Bundy wanting to mount her as soon as her feet were placed on the soil.

Why Bundy couldn't just put his wing round Banjo, give a gentle hug and say......"Glad your home kid" and waddle away is beyond me. confused

So Bundy spent the afternoon in the chook run with the gate shut. Bundy was quacking away in there, wanting to get out. He was named prisoner 000-01 for the afternoon as his antics were so funny.


Today we have the gate shut between "Freedom Road" and the duck run. As you can see all visas for crossing the boarder have been canceled until further notice.

I keep going out and looking at Banjo as I am just so happy to have her home again.

Stats for last month are still coming.. I was side tracked yesterday afternoon. lol


Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: ,

6 comments:

Lucy C said...

Great news.
Welcome home Banjo.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Lucy...... Sure is good to have her home:)

Libbys Blog said...

Love your reference to 'freedom road' and visa's made me chuckle! I'm sure Banjo will be fine soon!! just needs to build up her strength again!

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Libby, I keep Banjo with the chooks for a week and see how she is next weekend.

The Duck Herder said...

Hi Lucky! Welcome home Banjo! that is wonderful news! And I support the idea of Bundy being locked up with the chooks(yay!) rather than Banjo! You know it is best practice to remove the PERPETRATOR rather than the victim in domestic violence situations now! ;-)

You must be so happy Lucky! Yay! please give her some extra worms from me.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Duck Herder:) Banjo is improving daily.