Friday, November 16, 2007

Mulch, Mulch & Yes Mulch

Here in Luckyland we are having an unusual set of hot days and so it's time to mulch my vegie garden for the hot weather.

I always wait until the soil has well and truly warmed up before I start mulching in earnest.




I used a bale of straw to mulch the areas that still needed doing as well as cleaning out the animal pens. This animal litter was also spread round the garden as mulch.

Tomatoes and capsicums will along with the rest of the garden have to hope that Amy will remember to water them while we are away. Though with the garden now mulched, it will have a better chance of surviving while we are away.

I'd rather Amy remember to look after the animals daily, than water the garden.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: