Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Day 9 In Sydney

Even though the weather was overcast we still went to the Taronga Zoo on Monday. Best way to go is by ferry from Darling Harbour.




This fella was plugging his CD with his mate near the ferry's in the city. Loved the sound of the didjeridu as the music pulsed from the walk way while we wandered past them. We had a few photos taken with them, Pat didn't want his photo on the blog, so it's a cut job to show you .




We took a "Sky Safari Cable Car" from the bottom when we hopped off the ferry. The view from the cable car was stunning, even if it was overcast.




First glimpse of the elephants in their enclosure.




Some of the buildings in the zoo, very pretty and lots of stunning buildings to eat in or drink a cup of coffee.



This koala was about the first animal to greet us as we walked through the gates. At the end of the day, he hadn't moved much either.



An "Eyelash Viper", very pretty and I hadn't seen one of these before.



Not sure what this flower or plant is called, but gee it was pretty. The closed flowers reminded me of peeled garlic cloves.




I was so close to this tiger I didn't have to zoom my camera in. Some photos were a bit blurry as she was so close to the glass. At one stage I found I was moving my right hand against the glass like when I run my nails along our cats sides. She was so close and so beautiful.



Her little friend was in their pool enjoying a paddle.



Loved these Koi fish best viewing of them for the whole holiday. At the Auburn Gardens the water wasn't clear enough to get a good look at them. There was also a glass wall to see the fish as they swam past us.

Taronga Zoo is a big place and it took us most of the day to see everything. We found the prices of food fairly priced. Lots of places to rest and heaps of trees and flowers to look at as we walked round.

Until next time....hoo roo

No comments: