Monday, December 17, 2007

Paddles

First time ever Paddles ( one of Banjo's babies) has decided to go broody as well. So while Banjo and Twinner are sitting on their eggs, Paddles is making good use of the spare worm tray in the duck shed.

Every time I go into the shed to get feed for them all, Paddles quacks and carries on like there is no tomorrow. lol I haven't set her as the eggs have slowed down and with maybe 18 ducklings hatching.... do I really need more babies. rolleyes


Paddles, "your not getting any eggs from under me" face and vocal quack.



Paddles, "Come on this face really needs to be a mum" look.

I have never experienced so many ducks broody at one time. Duchess is broody as well, but she seems to be coming off the brood at last. Not sure but I think Rhett is thinking about becoming broody as well.

Maybe they missed me while I was away?

With all the broody ducks, I am surprised the silkies Bonnie & Clyde haven't become broody yet. As soon as this happens, I'll set them with some pure Light Sussex bantam eggs. mrgreen

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

Lucy C said...

I love ducks.
But you are right...you might have too many ducklings if you let paddles hatch some too.

Lucky-1 said...

Oh Lucy , Paddles is so funny when she hops off her nest.....lol

She covers up so carefully her pretend eggs and comes out to see what I am up too.