Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bonnie Wants To Be A Mum

After sitting on a plastic egg for nearly a week, Bonnie was rewarded with 5 pure Light Sussex Bantam eggs and 2 Isa brown cross with Radar my Light Sussex Bantam this evening.

Bonnie loves to hatch her chickens out in the spare worm box I use as a nest box in the duck shed.



Bonnie nice and comfy with her 7 eggs.



Bonnie is so placid I just picked her up and she snuggled down where I put her with a very warm plastic egg sitting on her back. Eggs went in where the nest was toasty warm.



Then I placed Bonnie back over her eggs.

In 21 days on the 29th Jan, Bonnie with any luck will be a mum. Keep your fingers crossed for Bonnie.

Maybe Clyde might feel left out and go broodie as well mrgreen

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: