Tuesday, January 01, 2008

First Harvest For 2008



Two slightly sun burnt green capsicums, 1 sun touched green cucumber and 4 duck eggs. Not bad for this mornings harvest and the first one for 2008.

The green cucumber comes from a plant our good gardening buddy "Pepe" gave us back in spring. Without this plant, I'd be buying cucumbers, next trip to the green grocer. So many thanks Pepe for your gift. mrgreen

As you can see salad vegies are a bit sun burnt and as we have had the hottest 3 days straight in over 109 years (so the records say) I guess sitting out in that heat will cause some sun damage.

Today is another day where we'll be hiding inside from the heat and I'll be drooling over gardening DVDs and gardening books.......

Oh yeah Happy New Year lol

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

Wow what a great 'first for 08' harvest! It has been unbearably hot hasn't it

Polly said...

We've had record highs too Lucky. It's enough to make me wish I had air conditoning. Though I would melt away yesterday.

I'll have to check for sunburnt vegies. Have a good day :-)

Lucky-1 said...

I haven't enjoyed this hot weather at all Polly.... far too hot for me.

Yes thrilled with my first harvest for 08 Kirsty:)