Monday, April 07, 2008

Bonnie's Chickens

Bonnie's 3 chickens have grown up to be lovely little hens (I hope) and they are now about 10 weeks old.

I have a good friend who started me off with the Light Sussex Bantam breed and Bluegreen is going to see if she can let me know if they are hens or not.



This little chicken loves to jump the people fence and give the garden a good going over. So along with the other cross bred chicken, they are in with the Isa Brown hens and the Light Sussex Bantams.


I'd bet a bottle of skinny coke this little Sussex is a hen....... she's running with the ducks as she's so little and not big enough to cope with the pecking order in the hen house.



The other Isa brown, Light Sussex cross chicken. This one has a faint tinge of brown around the collar area.

So hopefully I can report soon whether they are hens or roosters.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: