Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Chilli Plant

I am not sure what is happening to my Birds Eye chilli plant. I haven't any chilies on it this season. Usually by now I am in the thick of a harvest.

But nothing is happening....until now.......




I have had flower buds but no flowers. This I have put down to that heatwave to a certain extent. Maybe the drought as well, though I have been watering it.

But finally I have buds opening and here is the first flower I have seen.



This is what the bush looks like and to me its lovely and healthy. Flowers are starting to open and hopefully I am not too late for a chilli harvest. Guess time will tell.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

Em said...

It does look beautifully healthy - maybe it needed more potassium for flower and fruit? Hope you can harvest some chillies before the cold weather sets in :)

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks for the tip Em:D
I hadn't thought of Potassium.....