Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Leeks

On the weekend in line with the moon phases I planted out a punnet of leeks in my little vegie patch.





I picked these up on clearance at Foodland and after a couple of days adjusting to being outside, it was time to plant them in the garden.



I like to set the seedlings out before I start to plant them in the soil. Makes it easier to move them round while finding room for them all.



After the seedlings were all planted out, I trimmed the leaves back a bit. This will help with transplanting shock and also give the seedlings a good chance to develop a good root system.

Even though it was a small and easy chore planting out the seedlings, with this head cold I still have.... I was buggered afterwards from the little play in the garden.

It was wonderful being out in the garden though.

Another 5 mm of rain this week, now we have sunny days forecast for almost the next 7 days.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

PĂ©itseoga said...

what a great coincidence, i didn't realise the moon was good for planting or anything, but i planted out some chives at the weekend! they should do brilliantly now, i take it?

Lucky-1 said...

Not sure with you in Ireland....My FIL was born in Ireland:D

But if you go to this link...you may get answers there....

http://cosmicgardening.blogspot.com/