Saturday, May 17, 2008

Little Visitors

Often I will say weeds are food here in my garden, for my animals and also wild birds.

This morning a pair of "red rump" parrots paid us a visit out the back. They stayed for ages walking around on the lawn, feasting on weed seeds, from the flowers.



The male parrot is much brighter in colour than the female.


Female "red rump" is a dull olive colour.



Often there are birds walking round in the garden, feeding on what ever takes their fancy.



Just the 2 of them taking their time as they feed on the weed flowers.




Just stunning and beautiful... be the bright male or the olive female.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

2 comments:

molly said...

They are gorgeous Lucky....and btw...you've been tagged, if you want to join in, take a peek at my blog.

Blessings:)

Libbys Blog said...

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a wild colourful parrot fly into your garden and feed? Most bizarre, but I should be thrilled if one did though!