Friday, May 09, 2008

Resting & Trying to Feel Better



Doesn't Flossy look comfy laying there on the lawn? She was my environmentally friendly wiper sniper. By the end of the day, Flossy had eaten away all the lawn near the pavers for me. This was on the weekend.

Last 2 days I have been resting, mostly in bed as I can't shake this cold I have. Went to the doctor the other day, Pat had a flu shot and check up and I was given a prescription for some antibiotics.

The head cold has now moved down into my chest and I have no voice. Well enough of a husky croaky voice that if I rang my dad today for his birthday, he'd think it was his lucky day once I started to talk..LOL

So I'll ring him tomorrow, hopefully I get him in the morning on the phone.

Yesterday I cleaned the bathroom, laundry & loo, fell on the bed afterward and just died..... Today I stripped our bed and cleaned our bedroom out. Much cleaner afterward to rest and recover in. Figured if I do a room each day or a couple of jobs (like sweeping & vac floors) the house will not become too feral.

I did go for a wander around the backyard when I fed the animals and the garden looked so inviting. Hoping to be able to get out in the garden in the next week, as I need to sort out those seedlings. All the sunshine and that rain is making for some happy lettuce & rocket seedlings.

Eating our fresh parsley now too. Love fresh parsley and can never have enough plants in the garden.

There was a knock on the door today and young Luke next door was sent round by his dad. Pat was talking to Luke's dad over the back fence and had a nasty asthma attack. So I had to help Pat inside and set up the nebuliser for him. Pat has been okay, though breathless for the rest of the day.

Noticed the compost in my tumbler is ready for the garden and then I can put what is in the black compost bin into the tumbler.

Lots to do, just not the energy at the moment.

So Flossy looking so comfy and relaxing is a better photo to post, than one of me not looking my best.



Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

5 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Its horrible when you get a cold you can't shift!! You always think with all your homegrown produce you shouldn't get colds. Sadly we do. Hope your better soon.

Cosmic said...

Oh my goodness, you look after yourself. My daughter has had a similar thing and is still croaking. Lots of fluid, rest and stop cleaning the house! It won't go away. I was wondering where you were - just relax, get a couple of videos - nice weepy ones, clears the sinuses!
Love
Cosmic/Blossom

PĂ©itseoga said...

hi! i planted out more parsley this weekend, because i think one large plant is just not enough. i love tabouli and that takes a lot of parsley!
by the way, are you aware you're only allowing blogger/gmail members to comment?

Lucky-1 said...

Hello peitseoga:) Yes I am aware of this, I was getting some rather unkind comments from someone who hid behind the anonymous comment button. So I figured I'd remove this button and stop the uncalled for comments.

Yes parley is just such a wonderful herb and a must for kitchens.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Libby & Cosmic.... feeling much better now. Enjoying the rain that is falling today.