Thursday, June 05, 2008

Ducks

Ducks will play in the smallest amount of water they can find. I didn't give their pond a clean out today, but they did get their daily clean water.

I use rainwater for the animals and my garden. Bundy and Paddles just couldn't resist a bath after I had finished feeding and watering them this morning.


The little movie goes for about 28 seconds and there is sound, so you will be able to hear their excitement as they play. mrgreen


Cleaned out the chook bedding area and this was either added to the compost bin or around the lemon tree as a top dressing.

Harvested more baby rocket and lettuce leaves. Once this was done I gave all the leafy greens a feed of sheep manure tea.

Thinned out the last area of the carrots and now I just sit back and wait for the roots to thicken up. By that time we should be able to use the carrots in our kitchen, rather than feed them to Cadbury & Flossy.

Been a really nice morning out in the garden razz

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


No comments: