Monday, June 02, 2008

Vegies Starting With "C"

Carrots are needing to be thinned out, making room for the roots to thicken. About once a week I check and see what is happening and thin them out some.




Those carrot tops are just so green and lush.



Root part of the carrots aren't big enough, even to be used as baby carrots in my kitchen. But not wasting them, Cadbury and Flossy go nuts when these are included in their evening meal. Nothing is wasted here in Luckyland.



Celery & a couple of rainbow chard seedlings from "our good gardening buddy" Pepe. He dropped these off last Wednesday while visiting for the gardening BBQ. I'll plant these out next week.



Not sure what happened with the chilli plant, but I now have chillies coming on it. Not very big and not sure how big they will be and if they ripen. Though the darkness on the skin seems to indicate this could be happening now. eek

I should be about at the end of my chilli harvest, not at the start. confused

Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

The Duck Herder said...

CARROTS! I am so emvious - I am just no good at getting them to germinate. I always end up with sparse little individual seedlings surrounded by miles of empty space. then weeds. which I have to pull out individually so as not to upset my dozen carrot seedlings.

You are very clever ms lucky 1!

Lucky-1 said...

Hi Duckie:)

The trick is to not let the soil dry out. Try growing them again and covering them with some wet hessan bags. Remove the bags once the seeds have germinated. Keep them moist.