Saturday, September 27, 2008

Asparagus Growing



Isn't this a great photo?? Well I think it is lol as it shows a new spear pushing the mulch up on top of the soil. Bit like a mushroom, when it breaks through the hard ground.

Didn't get to do any gardening today...... temp climbed to 34 degrees. So I was in the kitchen cooking a pavlova for tomorrow night's meal and used the egg yokes up in a egg custard desert for tonight. Also took advantage of the hot day and washed the woolen under-lay on our bed.

This afternoon we had a lovely couple, visit Lucky's Duck Farm. mrgreen Rainy and her hubby called in for a visit to see our garden and animals. Didn't stay out in the hot north wind and sun for too long, just enough time to see everything and everybody. Then it was inside for a cuppa and chinwag.

After they left I finished off watching the last of the Grand Final in the AFL footy.

Tomorrow is going to be cooler and maybe some showers. The items I want to do will not take all day and I can do them between showers, if they turn up.

Not the day I had planned, but a FAB TAB of a day still.

Until then....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

Rest is not idleness said...

Hi Lucky,
yes, it was pretty warm yesterday wasn't it? I got up early and watered my veges and they came through ok. Your asparagus is coming on, I'm thinking I might give it a go next year.
take care
Pip