Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hey Good Looking What You Been Cooking.???

Saturday is usually spent in the garden. But today I spent the whole day in the kitchen. And I do mean the whole day. Its just after 6.20 pm and I have just about finished cleaning up the kitchen from the afternoons effort.

At 1 pm I took a break and fed Pat & I, then cleaned up what dishes were dirty and started again.

When the kids were growing up I used to spend every Saturday baking enough biscuits to feed us and visitors and half the kids in the street until the following Saturday.

Then when I was working, I was only baking here and there, when time permitted. Thing was the kids would come home in the middle of the night, drunk and hungry and make a meal out of the biscuits. I then learnt to buy the generic dry biscuits.

Now with James having moved out and Amy just about left and moved in with Benny....... I'm back cooking again.

So lets take a look at what I did today. I did pick some fiddly biscuits today, usually I only choose 1 and then easy recipes but today I was feeling mellow and went all out.





Peppermint Slice



Chocolate Chip, Milk Chip & ANZAC



Caramel Slice

My favourite slice. Lurv caramel slice.


Almond Chocolate Fingers


Those almond slices are sickly sweet and pretty darn lethal if eaten in a high quantity. I had milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate for these.

Nothing like putting one's feet up out the back with a cuppa and a few home made biscuits. Care to join me???

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

6 comments:

SubtropicalHappiness said...

Okay that's it tell Amy I am moving in to share her room and tell Rebel Kimmys on her way.
I can taste those from here.

The Duck Herder said...

unbelievable! yum yum, put the kettle on, I'm coming over!

Lucky-1 said...

LOL thanks Kimmy,going to be lovely feasting on them over the next week or so.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks Duckie:) Been a fun day cooking.

TheCrone said...

Damn you I say, evil evil woman! Here's a poor old fat crone salivating over those slices and not a bit of chocolate to be found in the house!

They look way too delicious!

Lucky-1 said...

LOL they taste way to yummy as well :D