Tuesday, October 07, 2008

When I'm Not Gardening

Things are going so smoothly and quietly in the vegie patch, figured it was time for those cleaning jobs that aren't done on a daily or weekly routine.



One of them is my glass cabinet. Over filled with clutter (also can be known as junk) and in line for a lounge room makeover.

So with a basket for good stuff to go to The Salvation Army, a bin for rubbish (like ribbons from flowers over the years) and the ironing board (used to store the wanted items) I set to work.






Look what Amy wrote along with other words on the glass shelves. This is the quickest way to get me not to clean the cabinet. Took me almost a year to get round to it.

Shocking I know, but with everything behind tinted glass, its a place one doesn't visit that often. So out of sight (so to speak) out of mind.

With a spray bottle of water and some environmental cleaning clothes. I went forth and clean not only the inside of the cabinet, but outside as well. Had the TV going with the 11 am news on Channel 10 and boy didn't that thrill my socks off. All that doom & gloom, made my job a joy and so easy to do.



All cleaned with all old dusty flowers (from on top the cabinet) thrown out into the bin, some were nearly 20 years old, for Pete's sake. I mean.... how long does a dust collection need to be kept??

You can see the glass shelves in the bottom photo. Now its nice and clean and hopefully I won't need to revisit that job until next year sometime.

Scary part is I think its been 3 or 4 years since I last cleaned it all out. Oh please tell me you have a cabinet that is neglected too.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

4 comments:

molly said...

LOL Lucky, I am betting my bottom dollar everyone has at least one thing that gets left behind once in a blue moon, mines my china cabinet too LOL

Blessings:)

Lucky-1 said...

LOL thanks Molly, for letting me know I am not alone.

ButterflyGirl said...

Lucky at the moment I feel like my whole house is like that, for some reason it doesnt seem to matter how often I clean the dust is back in a day or two, even the coffee table looks disgraceful in the right (or wrong) light, and we use that all the time. I'm not game to look too far. LOL

Lucky-1 said...

I have noticed with the better quality vacuum cleaner, the dust isn't on the furniture as quick. Maybe that has something to do with it as well?????