Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just Having Too Much Fun

With tomatoes growing in the garden, I don't think a person can ever have too much fun. lol And having fun is what I am doing.

There is a new gardening forum here in Australia and its called Ozgrow and there are some really lovely gardening people who post over on it. Some of these gardener have a passion for the old tomato and I must say...... I love to read about what they are growing. Seems to feed my appetite for learning more about tomatoes and the fact I love growing them.... helps to keep in touch with other growers. Why not check out the forum. mrgreen





Do you know how to save tomato seeds in the purest form?? I though it was just pick one of these babies when ripe and wash the seeds and dry them.

Over on Ozgrow I found out, this is wrong. Here is the thread for you to have a gander at, on how to do it properly.

So out the back I went with my bags and check it out.




This truss of flowers haven't started to open and so I slipped a craft bag over the flowers and pulled the drawstrings to close it off.




Those little craft bags sure come in handy. Little piece of ribbon on the stem, loose enough not to strangle the stem. Will show me later on, what fruits are pure and can be saved.

I have covered a truss in the Tigerella, Black Russin, Oxheart, Cherry Red & Gross Lisse.

Stay tuned as this progresses mrgreen

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: ,

8 comments:

Scarecrow said...

Hey Lucky
Wow! Your garden is way ahead of mine!
On the subject of rain...we got 7.5mm last night!
I guess we caught a thunderstorm but I didn't even hear it! Just woke up to a lovely wet garden this morning.
The plants love it! :)

SubtropicalHappiness said...

Hey Lucky girl there is something on my Blog for you

patsy said...

I am delighted to find your blog, we are starting our winter and everthing is brown and dead but you have started your growing season.
I have chickens,bantams and 6 large hens.
I tryed ducks but I don't have a pond and tried keeping them in a pen with a bath tub of water, natest mess you ever saw and it was winter, I have neighbors very near so I had to give them to my brother who has a pond and no close neighbors.

Lucky-1 said...

Hi Scarecrow:)

Glad someone is getting rain.

Lucky-1 said...

Welcome Patsy:D

Lucky-1 said...

HI Kiddo:)

I saw it and thank you so much.

Libbys Blog said...

Well I never! Its obvious really that it would not be pure left to the elements! I shall definately have a go at this.
Thank you for that link, you learn something new everyday!

Lucky-1 said...

No worries Libby, seed saving is a great way to no only keep a pure strain going...but it saves the gardener $$$ not buying seed when needed.