Thursday, December 18, 2008

Amy Is Leaving Home


This morning when I woke I was greeted with Millie on top of Amy's mattress as it was leaning against her bedroom window, all ready for the big move.

Last night was Amy's last night sleeping in our home... she's now moved in with Ben. As I wasn't really expecting this till Saturday at the earliest.... I burst into tears.

Even though we have know this to be happening before Christmas....now its here.... its too soon.

Millie moves out tomorrow afternoon.... how will I couple without my 2 girls near me?

We all know our children have to leave the nest at some stage..... its part of growing up and us as parents growing old. The only thing that is keeping me calm this afternoon is, she isn't going where I'll never see her again..... just 6 km away.

I can still remember the feeling I had when we brought Amy home from hospital a week after she was born.......23.5 years ago.

All I can say is...love your child like there is no tomorrow...... Pat is more like....... help your kids pack... then they are gone quicker....lol

Until next time....hoo roo

8 comments:

Stewart said...

Hi Lucky-1,
Mines 15 so I've still got a few years, but I'm going to hate every minute of her leaving while at the same time supporting her on her journey.
Arrggh, who'd be a parent

angela said...

Here is a virtual Hug for you. Both your kids gone so close together.
It must be heartrenching.
But now you know you have done a great job.
So good on you!

SubtropicalHappiness said...

Oh more((((((HUGS)))))) to you.
To Pat just stop it cause we know you don't really mean it.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks for all the kind words and hugs....been a couple of full days. Tomorrow we help Amy take all her boxes over.

Cosmic and Co said...

Just wait Lucky, before too long ( a blink and a wink) she'll be arriving to visit with rug rats in tow. My Amy moved a lot further, so when she comes home we accommodate the entourage, husband, two kids and a bump. When she left at 16 to go to Uni, I thought I'd be lonely, no way, wrong, I ended up feeding spare uni students who didn't have mums, providing the share house of 6 students with toilet paper and generally not noticing much difference. Now she phones most days to get recipes and it's woman to woman stuff. Someone wisely said to me, when I suggested we get a smaller house - no get a bigger one! Think of the romps you and Pat can have! Mind you it does take a while.

Lucky-1 said...

HI Cosmic, the move went so well and Amy is just so happy.... Ben too...LOL.

So proud of both my kids.....Think what I have to offer as a Nanna.... gardening and environmental awareness........

Libby said...

My daughter left for Uni 3 years ago, I found it devastating, but as I had let her go, she actually visits us loads and is always chatting on the phone, they never really go, they just move all there junk somewhere else.
The problem for me is she is coming back next summer!!! Junk and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky-1 said...

LOL Libby......junk and all huh...... gotta love our kids:)