Thursday, December 04, 2008

More Food For Our Plates.

While out collecting food from my little vegie patch I spotted some tomatoes hiding under their leaves.



Grosse Lisse cluster and the photo doesn't do it justice at all. I nearly fell over when I found this garden secret. I had to climb in around the eggplant to take this photo.

Have to keep an eye on these, poxy black birds ate one of my cherry tomatoes the other day. Lovely red cherry tomato I missed. Not happy Jan!!




Oxhearts starting to colour up too. Picked our first one today.



Still haven't picked the Blue Lake Beans yet. Rushed these in so I could show you all. I picked the little eggplant as well, due to the bush not being all that big yet. Tigerella, Black Russian & first Oxheart.

More food variety coming into the kitchen. mrgreen Growing our own organic vegetables is what its all about.

Overcast here all day and the odd few spits of rain. Every so often the house fills with the smell of fresh rain. I still did the washing today and the towels are all in. I didn't hold much hope in the weather man's forecast.

On another topic I have a new blog...yes number 4 is up and running. This one is about me learning to sew. Never used a sewing machine and I'll be buying my first machine within the fortnight.

Named this blog Stitch Selection as the machine I am buying has 50 different ones I can choose from. If I haven't blogged here for a long time...it's due to my fingers being stitched to the machine & material. lol You are most welcome to pop over and have a bo-peep at it. biggrin


Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Libby said...

Haven't visited for awhile and it still amazes me how quickly stuff grows with you!! Green with envy!! I have had to move my blog so you can find me here http://insideoutlj.blogspot.com/ will pop over to your sewing blog as I like to sew and knit and glue and stick and......... and .... and

Lucky-1 said...

Hi Libby, I had noticed you had moved and already bookmarked your new home;D

Chris and Dave said...

Wow your tomatoes look yummo! How do they taste? I've planted some of the seeds you gave me but nothing has sprung up yet. Probably too close to summer and we've had a few hot days. Will have to try sewing them in punnets instead.

I love the new bee theme to your blog too. Very bee-guiling.

Ho-ho-ho, aren't I just the funny one! ;)

Merry Christmas to you and yours Lucky.

Lucky-1 said...

HI Chris & Dave:)

The tomatoes are beautiful and so much better than the bought ones:D

Glad you like the new theme.... Nice to freshen up the page every year or so.

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well:D