Sunday, March 15, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday



Like Abby I am looking and waiting for that "time" to arrive.

Mine will be Wednesday, when I'll be out in the vegie garden for the first time really this year. I'm planning on planting out leafy greens outside by the back kitchen window.

I'm excited about this as its been a long wait for the heat to go and my leg to improve enough to be able to play with garden forks and rakes.

In the end it became too much and very over whelming between not being able to really get out in the garden and also the heat wave and no rain. Water restriction were hard on the garden too.

We had a few mm of rain a week or so ago and before that it was 80 days since we last had any rain.

So its dry as here. Going to start off in small patches and build up over the next few weeks.

Then hopefully the autumn rains will come and help to put water into the sub soil and help to water the vegies.


Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , , , ,

5 comments:

Stewart said...

Have fun.
Cheers

Rest is not idleness said...

Hi Lucky,
I got out in my garden yesterday, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that found it overwhelming with the heat wave and water restrictions. We've had a bit of rain over here, hoping it's the same for you. Have a great gardening day on Wednesday.
take care
Pip

Scarecrow said...

Don't over-do the gardening Lucky...take care of that leg.
Hope you get lots of rain this year.
We all need lots of rain this year!

Peggy said...

We dont need anymore rain over here! Take care of yourself as it is so easy to overdo the first gardening jobs.

Libby said...

We too are getting to the stage of being able to get outside and start gardening, we have had some lovely sun for a few days now!!