Monday, June 15, 2009

Rhubarb Update

Back last year I planted out 2 more rhubarb crowns and called them #10 & #11 as each year I have tried to grow a crown and each year I kill them off.

Its become a running joke with my friends and so to make it even more fun with these 2 plants I put up a voting poll and the results can be found on the right side of my blog.

Well I have finally found (or more so remembered) to post an up date on the 2 plants.

#10 sadly croaked it back in the hot weather. Funny thing is, it was doing better than #11. Mind you Pat and I were both watering it and I think maybe it rotted off as it died over a 3 day span.

#11 is out of the road by the asparagus, where as #10 was near the gate to the duck run. Maybe this had a bit to do with loosing #10.

Lets look at #11 as its just steaming ahead.......






Lovely thick and big at the crown and looking every so healthy.




The lovely, lushes and still living Rhubarb crown.......

I'm so proud and pleased that there maybe still hope for the "Cereal Rhubarb Killer".

I have a new poll on the right and you are most welcome to vote or view the poll.

Until next time.... hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags:

1 comment:

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Hi Lucky,
Your rhubarb is looking better than mine. It has the same amount of leaves but mine have a lot of holes in them, I'll have to go out at night and see if I can spot whatever is eating it.
take care
Pip