Sunday, July 26, 2009

Almond Blossoms

This morning Pat & I went walking and we actually remembered to take our cameras. This almond tree isn't all that far from our place.



Smells beautiful as we walk past and bees are filling their full from the blossoms.




Pat was saying he thinks the blossoms are out early this year. I can never remember from year to year, when the trees start to flower.





Something about the almond blossom with the light pink blush on their petals. Makes for some stunning photos.





I don't think the tree is harvested by anybody. Just the local birds. There was a lot of last year mummified almonds on the trees still.

Pat took some beautiful macro photos of bees. I'll post the in the next day or so to show you all.

Until next time....hoo roo

1 comment:

Savvy Mummy said...

I just love the tree...trees bare from leaves but full of blossoms are just so gorgeous...