Monday, August 24, 2009

Root Crops Are In


Before the forecast rain comes today (looking very threatening) we sowed carrots, radishes and beetroot.

Bird netting is more for my benefit as well as keeping birds away from the tender shoots as they germinate. I might forget where I sowed to seeds and put my foot on them.

We had some light rain overnight, soil is lovely an moist. Sub soil is looking very wet too. Been a long time here since we have seen that.

Hoping today to start some seeds off in punnets. That may not happen though..... have to get my sewing room ready for Pat's dad who arrives from Sydney tomorrow for Amy & Ben's engagement this weekend. Pa is also staying for a few weeks.

Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice blog. Enjoyed going through it. Keep it up the good work. Cheers :) Beth iflorist.co.uk