Friday, September 11, 2009

Baby Muscovies




Today we took Felix and another young white drake to my poultry feed supplier. Having 3 drakes was getting to be a problem and Bundy was run off his feet, keeping his wives safe from the young hormonal crazed drakes.

I did a great trade..... those 2 drakes with a reduced price on these 2 four month old Muscovy ducks.

Pat is thrilled to have a Muscovy back in the flock. I am too for that matter.

Not sure what I will call them.... maybe you might have a name, if you do............please let me know.

This afternoon while "Maggie" flew in and out collecting her food, I planted out a punnet each of cabbages & broccoli. Been a lovely but very windy day today.

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Hello, Good trade. Having ducks I am very familar with the hormonal craze you mention. It is pure craziness. Have a good day!
Barbara

Chris said...

I'm not a duck person but I have a friend who owns Muscovys, and she raves about them. If I ever did try owning ducks one day, I think it would have to be a Muscovy.

Have you decided upon any names yet?

How about "Pidgeon" and "Pea", as in, Pidgeon Pea, the legumus tree, LOL. That's all I can think of, sorry, I'm shocking when it comes to picking names.

I even gave my daughter her middle name, of the month she was born in. Thankfully she wasn't born towards the latter end of the year, LOL. ;)

Lucky-1 said...

Still thinking of names.

Maybe Sunny & Spring??????

Chris said...

Sunny and Spring could work too.

Are they spots on top of their heads? If so, I was wondering if you could call them Spotty & Dotty Wot, as in the "Wot-Wots", LOL.

Or Annabelle & Clarabelle.

I'm still not very good at names, but thought I'd throw these out there too. It's really hard chosing a name isn't it.