Thursday, September 03, 2009

What A Rush

Today Pat, Pa & myself went to Bunnings to buy some tomato plants. Pa has been visiting from Sydney for a week so far and I wanted to spend some time with him in a vegie section. It was Pa who got me interested in growing vegetables, when we both lived in Whyalla.

What a rush it was picking out seedlings and plants. Its been about 12 months since I have bought any vegie seedlings/plants due to my leg. So I am sure you can guess how happy I was to be in the middle of the seedlings picking out plants. cool






Went with

  • Grosse Lisse
  • Sweet Bite
  • Apollo
  • Beef Steak

Late next month I'll plant another batch of tomato seedlings out. That way by staggering them, we'll have a longer tomato season.

While Pa & Pat walked around the hardware area, I was being so naughty and collected some other seedling punnets. lol





  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage
  • Chives
  • Loose leaf lettuce mixed
  • Baby spinach
  • Celery

By this time I wanted out, before I went really naughty.




Chives and celery went in the front left side of the no-dig garden. Still haven't pulled those weeds out, they will be nice and fresh for the poultry when we do though. rolleyes




In front of the tomatoes went the baby spinach and lettuce.

Pat turned the soil for the broccoli and cabbage, just needs a couple of bags of sheep manure stored in the duck shed and then in they go.

Very excited about the plants going in. Love the idea that I have tomatoes in the garden. mrgreen


Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Chris said...

I imagine Bunnings will be filled with lots of eager gardeners about now. Ha-ha, so you're not the only naughty one. ;)

The garden is looking good.

Scarecrow said...

Nice lot of vegies there...we have to wait until October before we can plant our tomatoes out up here...