Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. How did your Christmas Day fair?????? Mine was just wonderful and so relaxing.

Pat & I had lunch at Amy's future in-laws house, English style with turkey and all the trimmings. I had always wanted to try a martini and thanks to Tony (Ben's dad) I did. Boy are they yummy. I even had 2 olives in it.


Then for dinner we went to my brother's place for a few hours and a cold meal, of left overs from the hot lunch. Brought a bag of food scraps home for the chooks and they sure enjoyed those prawn heads from Mick & Sally lunch.

Came home stuffed with good food and lots of lovely presents.

I want to show you one of my presents and this is a beauty. James isn't a big fan of my green thumb and what it can grow and feed us. May a time he has commented about the backyard.

But look what he gave me.






How cool is this??? Its great when a mum finds out years later in life, that some of what she has told her son, did sink in.




Couple of pages of what the book is like inside.




Thanks James so much.

Enjoy your holiday break people and all the best for the New Year.

Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , ,

4 comments:

The Duck Herder said...

Happy Christmas Lucky !

molly said...

So glad you and yours had a lovely Christmas Lucky, may the New Year bring all you might need:)

dirtyduck said...

"James isn't a big fan of my green thumb and what it can grow and feed us."
this made me smile!:) how old is james now?ha i worry about how my future kids will think about my granola ways!

Savvy Mummy said...

Merry Christmas and have a wonderful 2010! And looking forward to your entries on your gardening too! :)