Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Say hello To Buddy

On Boxing day my 8 year old bunny Flossy died. She was buried in the square block of the vegie garden and has lettuce, zucchini, basil and spring onions planted over her. It was such a shock and a sad day.

I moved Cadbury into Flossy's cage this left a nearly $100 cage sitting there not producing compost and no little face greeting me.




Meet Buddy, a Netherlands Dwarf male rabbit. He's seven weeks old.




Already knows what a frozen ice bottle is for and how to use it. First night in his house he dined on carrot, apple and cucumber.



I named him after Patrick Swayze, my most fav actor (even before the kids were born) and I have a draw full of DVDs to prove it. Patrick Swayze's nickname was "Buddy"................ As I am reading his autobiography my Pat gave me for Christmas, I thought the name was a great idea.

Maybe next year there might be the pitter patter of little feet.

Until next time........ stay safe and enjoy your New Year celebrations and all the best for 2010.


Technorati technorati tags:

4 comments:

Barbara said...

What a cutie pie. While Buddy may know what the frozen ice bottle is for I don't. Please tell!
Have a great day!

dirtyduck said...

eight years is such a long time for bunnies, but still never enough you know?. both buns are adorable.i am sorry for your loss

Jude said...

Hey Leanne, what time is dinner?... Just kidding,your new bunny is very cute.

Lucky-1 said...

Thanks girls:) Buddy has settled into life here very well:)