Monday, May 10, 2010

Broccoli & Cauliflower

Today's effort was not a big one, as the north winds picked up and it was not nice out in the garden. But I did get to transplant out into one part of the no-dig garden, cauliflower and broccoli seedlings.




A before shot of the area I wanted to use for the caulies and broccoli. Love my no-dig garden as its removed part of the lawn and the weeds pulled up so easy. After the weeds were removed I ran the 3 prong hoe through the soil and then added a bag of sheep manure.





Lovely healthy looking seedling.



All done and finished. I use the bird netting to keep cabbage moths off the leaves, where they just love to lay their eggs.

Tomorrow is sewing group for the morning, so no gardening tomorrow.

Next on my list is to plant out the cabbages and muck out the chook house on Wednesday.

Bit of rain is forecast overnight tonight.... we'll see.

Until next time....hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: