Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today's Harvest

This morning I had a very rewarding harvest from my vegie patch. Its days like these that make me so happy and glad I get to play in the vegie garden.

Nothing beats a good fresh home picked vegie. Also I love not buying them from the green grocer shop.



This broccoli is going to be so yummy to eat. Going to spoil us with a lemon sauce with tonight's meal. Pat won't eat shop broccoli, but I can put as much as I want on his plate, if its from our garden. Says something about taste and freshness.



One of the caulies that'll feed us for a good many meals.

These vegies were watered by the rain that fell over the months from May when I planted them out.



Wish I took a photo before I gave away half of this morning's harvest. Photo would have looked a lot better......chuckle.

Pat gets sick of the asparagus, but not me...... love it and its so sweet and much better than the bought ones down at the green grocer.

Well you can see we're eating fresh organic grown vegies and that has to be the most wonderful thing to happen to a stomach. Also great for one's health.

Until next time.... hoo roo


Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , ,

4 comments:

Steve Bennett said...

I am almost as green as that broccoli with envy. That is some fine vegie growing there Lucky!

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

Nice veggies Lucky, just wish I had the required amount of sun in our garden to grow asparagus, still I have an excellent crop of silver beet.

angela said...

My daughter has never eaten broccoli either, but she loves the home grown stuff too. Must be the fact the we dont spray.

Libby said...

I have had a good year in the veg garden, plenty of French Beans, Kale, Peas, Cougettes and Gem Squash. I have planted for over winter Leeks, Cauli, Cabbage, Brocolli and Brussel Sprouts, and am hoping to get some Christmas Potatoes in too.
Glad to see you and yours are well!