Sunday, November 14, 2010

TLC My Style

Tender Lucky Care my style is how I was in the garden today.





First off, I gave my girls a full bale of "what ever" for them to spread around their play area for deep litter. Wish I could remember what our good gardening buddy "Pepe" calls it. He dropped if off the day I was at the Craft & Quilting expo. So I missed saying G'day to him.

Still need to clean out their shed, but that'll have to wait for another day.

While they were having a ball, I started weeding the areas I allocated for today's play in the garden. Figured if I do a 60 to 90 mins a day, I'll have the weeds out, mulching in and the garden singing and feeding us even more.



Bush beans and the Blue Lake climbing beans are steaming along. Enjoying the spring weather and growing like little mushrooms.

Once again from Pepe, peas straw was spread around the beans after a weed and water. Also made sure any stray climbing beans were woven through the trellis.

Forgot to collect the seeds from the spring onions. So this afternoon once the plants have dried off, I'll collect them.



Corn was next on my list for today, weeded and then mulched as well. Used a full bale this morning for the areas, 2 bales still to be used. Weeded around the Purple King beans and I hope I didn't miss judge the area where I have them growing. The asparagus is hugely tall this season and right next to the beans.

Comfrey is starting to flower.



Tomorrow's effort in the garden. Strawberries are looking pretty darn good, though getting invaded by self sown Blue Lake beans and a silverbeet plant. Beans will go and the silverbeet will stay. Penny Royal will be cut back as well.

Last year we were invaded a poxy weed and its back this year, so they'll need to be removed and then mulching this are.

Psst..... home grown strawberries are yummo. That's a little secret between you and me ....okay? wink


The jungle area of the garden....look at the asparagus!!!! Think that parsley plant will go too, all my little self sown seedlings are now going to seed. So I want to remove the plant and put that are to better use.

Well that is about it from me today.

Garden is feeding us and running at about 95%, heaps better than last summer.

Last weekend while in Clare at my darling niece's wedding, I ran into Sophie Thomson from Gardening Australia. She's a lovely lady and we had a little chat, while having some lunch in a park. Last time I was chatting to her was about 3 years ago at the Gardening Australia expo.

Anyway time for a shower and then into my sewing room..... Christmas is just around the bend!!!

Until next time....hoo roo

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Lucky, Your garden is looking SO good! DH used to grow purple king beans. He grows a climber now, from the US, they grow quite big and look like they are "too old" but are tender, and mostly don't need stringing. One of our tomatoes which was over 3'tall and had some small fruit on it, has turned up it's toes. leaves started to curl in, and its not from lack of water. DH is blaming my jasmine which isn't too far away, although the other plants are ok.?????

One step at a time in the Sub Tropics said...

Oh my you are a busy girl.
Your garden looks wonderful. What color are the flowers on your Comfrey mine are Mauve to Purple.
HUGS to you all

Stewart said...

Looking good!

Robyn said...

Lol, after reading this post I'm going to be a hobbit and have second breakfast so I guess I'll have to do some more exercise later to make up for it!! Love fresh picked veges....and strawberries :).

Pip at Rest is not idleness said...

I don't seem to have the commitment to my garden this year, I guess the sewing is taking up my time, I do have lots of silverbeet though. Sophie Thomson is a lovely lady isn't she?